Industrious Illustrating #13 – Mini Con Ja Nai

It’s now the first week of October, and that means that Animania (UMich’s anime club) is hosting Mini Con Ja Nai in the MLB on October 8th between 12 to 7 PM, and that also means that I’m nearly fully prepared now to table at the Artist Alley there! I’ve been working on ordering, preparing, and categorizing my inventory over the past few weeks in addition to creating new print-worthy artwork.

While I’m not a graphic designer by any means, I had to make these graphics for myself so that I could have helpful product “menus” for customers to look at. Unfortunately, being a sole proprietorship means that I have to do all of my business-related stuff myself, which means that I can’t just focus on making more art. But as long as that means that I get to enjoy conventions and selling my work, I’m willing to put up with having to learn a wider variety of skills to do my job.

If you’re able to make it to Mini Con Ja Nai this Saturday (which is tomorrow as of this posting), I hope to see you there! If not, see you next week when I make my next Industrious Illustrating post!

Robin

I'm Robin (he/they), a third year enrolled as a User Experience Design student. I'm especially interested in eventually professionally creating artwork for entertainment such as animated films, books, and video games. I want to share my artwork with a wider audience using this blog, and I also want to open up a conversation about what goes into making illustrations and artwork both on the creative and business sides..