OTM #15: Autumn

Happy November! Hope you all had a great Halloween. It’s been so pretty out – almost too pretty – and on my walk today I was struck with the realization that it will end far too soon. It’s so important for me to embrace that crisp fall air, to walk on the leaves like they’re rose petals. I think the hardest when I’m walking, and this time of year is peak for a good walk. I’d highly recommend going down to the Arb if you’re in Ann Arbor – if not, maybe take a trip to a cider mill, or simply study outside. We don’t have much time left, and taking the reference picture for this painting really helped that to sink in. I don’t even think a camera can capture the beauty of Michigan autumns, so I’m once again going to advocate for all of you to experience it for yourself, to slow down a bit and smell the air. Hope you have a great week, thanks for reading!

katelynski

Hello, I'm Katelyn Sliwinski! I'm a senior studying communications with a minor in writing, but I previously was studying digital illustration, so I'm happy to be sharing my art with you! I want to use my artwork to appreciate the mundanities of daily life; it's improved my mental health tenfold to just stop and look around once and a while, so I seek to capture that joy and show it to you!