A Day In Our Lives #17

Hey guys,

This week I decided to draw Aphrodite for Valentine’s Day! This semester I have been added to the Arts Ambassadors here at Arts at Michigan and today we had a valentines day event! It was super fun. We make different crafts and had snacks. I love celebrating Valentine’s Day, it is one of my favorite holidays! I decided to draw Aphrodite in pink and red. I am Greek and have always thought that Aphrodite was one of the most interesting Gods or Goddesses. I love her celebration of love and beauty. She is a positive beauty standard for women today, as she is sculpted closer to the real female form, rather than the male gaze “ideal” one. Valentine’s day here on campus is really hard to navigate, especially at the last minute. My partner and I were lucky that we could get a reservation today, only two days prior. Very busy in Ann Arbor!!

See you next week,
Marissa 

rissaw

Marissa Woods is a fourth-year student at Penny W Stamps School of Art and Design at the University of Michigan. Second-year writing for Arts, Ink, Marissa is focusing on documenting her fiber arts journey, through Fiber Fridays. Marissa is pursuing a minor in Geology and would like to pursue grad school to eventually become an art professor.